The Early Hope Baptist Church was organized in the year of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in 1886 under the leadership of the late Rev. Giles Watts. The Church was known at that time as “Early Hope Baptist Church of Christ.” Services were held at 11:30 a.m. and communion was held 3 times a year (on Sunday nights @ 7:30 p.m.)
The first church was a Brush Arbor, after much hard work and prayers of faith; a Log Cabin church was built. Services were held there until through faith a wooden frame church was built.
Sister Rita Fuller was the first chosen mother of the church in August of 1899. The first deacons were: Jerry Usher, H.B. Harville, Vincent Weaver and Alfred Fuller.
Over the years the Lord blessed us with faithful and enduring leadership that continued the path to get to this point.
In 1967 under the leadership of Rev. G.J. Hughes; a new building was built in the same location at 23 Parr Farm Rd. We were few in number; but God was good to us and brought us a
After the death of Rev. G.J. Hughes on June 30, 1981; The Lord
called Rev. W.R. Chunn as the Pastor in February 1982. Under Pastor W.R Chunn; the leadership continued to grow while the church building was remodel and expanded. October of 1992 Rev. W.R. Chunn resigns to continue his ministry with another ministry. God called T.V. Reeves, in December of 1992 to Pastor Early Hope Baptist Church.
Under Pastor T.V. Reeves’s leadership; the ministry continued to grow. Deacons were added and the membership increased to about 100 members. In March of 1999 the Lord Jesus called
his faithful servant, Pastor T.V. Reeves home and we were without a shepherd.
Minister Kenneth Williams was called by God to Pastor the Early Hope Baptist Church in October of 1999. The Vision of a new sanctuary was given to Pastor Kenneth Williams, by God in the year of 2004.
Under this visionary/shepherd many members have been added and several ministers have came forth from the church body. They are First Lady Marilyn Williams, Min. Willie Jackson, Min. Pamela Wilkerson, Min. Marcello Banes; Min. Anthony Usher, Min. Timmy Price, Min. Chundra Price, Min. Daniel Clark, Min. Ginger Thrasher, and Min. Aaron Heath. Some have branched out. Not only have ministers came forth, Deacons and other leaders are also being birth out —-as the church continues to grow.
A part of the Vision starts to speak in the year of 2006, as we purchased 25.3 acres for the first phase of the new Early Hope facility. We continued to save and God allowed us to secure the plans and the funds to break ground on March 5, 2012.
After 126 years, God allowed us to move from 23 Parr Farm Road into our new facility at 1129 Rocky Plains Road. The name of the church was also changed to Early Hope Ministries. Our first service was held in the new sanctuary on September 2, 2012.
There are still a lot of things to be done in this ministry; but we tell God –THANK YOU—-for what He has already done.